Level 3 - Close Protection
Includes: BTEC Level 3 Close Protection, BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Surveillance, BTEC Level 3 in Private Investigations and HABC Level 3 in First Aid Response*
To ensure every one of our students is trained above and beyond their roles in close protection operations, each phase of our close protection course is designed to provide the complete package when gaining the qualifications and experience each candidate needs to succeed in the industry and apply for their own SIA licence.
All students must first complete the intensive Advanced Surveillance Level 3 phase of the course before progressing to close protection. Surveillance and close protection are a vital combination throughout the sector and successful candidates can benefit from an all-round qualification that leads to them having the pick of industry roles following course completion and a great deal more opportunities.
With close to 40 years spent providing the next generation of operatives with specialist security skills, we are well aware that in close protection training you need to match brains with brawn during practical assessments and in the field post-study.
All Argus instructors utilise first-hand experience to teach all students the tricks of the trade and set them on the path to success. Courses also include First Person on the Scene Medical training; again instructors have a wealth of expertise in the medical field to do things by the book, not out of the book!
Step into the circuit with confidence and prove to prospective clients that you are a qualified and competent operative by enrolling our specialist training courses.
*HABC courses are offered as part of the package when available.
We have to cover the obligatory subjects as laid down by the SIA which are listed below:
- Roles & responsibilities of the close protection operative
- Threat & risk assessment
- Surveillance awareness
- Operational planning
- Law & legislation
- Interpersonal skills
- Close protection team work
- Close protection foot techniques
- Route selection
- Use of close protection vehicle techniques
- Search awareness
- Incidents and dilemmas
- Venue based security
- Communication and conflict management skills
- Close Quarter pistol work (EX SF CQB. Instructor)
- Vehicle and foot contact drills
- Anti-ambush scenarios and extraction
- Unarmed combat techniques
- Convoy driving
We pride ourselves in giving our students the very best chance of gaining employment within the Security Industry and to that end all of our students are advised about Curriculum Vitae’s, Personal Portfolios, the etiquette required on The Circuit and more….just ask our students, they will tell you just how valuable this element of the course is.
|September||6th – 24th|
|Nov/Dec||15th – 3rd|
|January||10th – 27th|
|March||7th – 24th|
Full package includes:
- BTEC Level 3 Close Protection Operations
- BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Surveillance
- BTEC Level 3 in Private Investigations
- HABC Level 3 in First Aid Response*
£2,100.00 + VAT (£2,520.00)
This is your future and your money! You should be asking your training provider certain questions prior to booking your place on any course. Think long and hard about this decision, it will be one of the most important decisions that you make concerning your future.
- Who are the instructors, what are their backgrounds, have they operated in a hostile environments worldwide and not just the UK? Are any of the instructors from a SF background?
- What percentage of the training is out of the classroom (or is it unrealistic training by PowerPoint to save costs).
- How many training vehicles have they? Are the vehicles fleet insured for training. If you are asked to provide your own car for the training then your insurance will probably not cover you.
- Have they comprehensive insurance for the training itself? Ask for proof!
- Do you get the HABC Level 3 First Aid Response qualification as part of the package. You NEED this in order to apply for your SIA CP Badge. You will leave the Argus Europe course with a complete portfolio of qualifications: HABC Level 3 First Aid Response, Close Protection Level 3, Advanced Surveillance Level 3 & Private Investigation Level 3.
- Have they genuine testimonials on their site from people who you can get in touch with to ask questions about the training. DO they have employment opportunities?
- Most importantly, do they offer post course support and an employment forum for all students?
If these standards are not met then you may end up in a classroom 8 – 12 hours a day writing essays watching PowerPoints and not receiving reality training purely to cut costs.