Level 3 - Private Investigation
Includes: BTEC Level 3 in Private Investigations and BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Surveillance
The role is so varied that this is difficult to answer but you could most certainly be involved with:
- Statement taking
- Accident reports
- Locus reports
- Surveillance (physical)
- Surveillance (technical)
- Process serving
- Preliminary investigations/research (OSINT)
The private investigator course is based around the surveillance course, as we believe that this gives potential private investigators the best base from which to grow their own agency. Further to the surveillance course, students will also cover:
- Process serving
- Law & legislation
- Open source intelligence gathering (OSINT)
- Locus reporting
- Setting up an agency
In order for some of these examples of the work that you carry out to be successful you will have to conduct some sort of preliminary investigations, a research phase so that your client is advised fully prior to authorising some potentially expensive surveillance without the need or much chance of success. Given the massive growth of the internet never before has Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) been so important to investigations. People’s lifestyles are, now played out to the world in places such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more so naturally we show all our students ways in which information from these sites can be legally obtained, information that could make or break an investigation. You must remember that just because you pay for information it does not mean that this information is illegal, far from it – look at areas such as the electoral role, the information attracts a fee but it is totally legal. Having knowledge in this area is vital if you wish to become a proficient investigator.
- Many training providers have been criticised over the years for not offering post course support and quite rightly so. At Argus Europe, we do not do this and have set up a group for Argus students only. Upon successful completion of your course, you will be given access to the Argus Group where you can easily network with other Argus students and be made aware of potentially vital information regarding employment opportunities and legislative changes.
We pride ourselves in giving our students the very best chance of gaining employment within the Security Industry and to that end all of our students are advised about Curriculum Vitae’s, personal portfolios, the etiquette required on The Circuit and more….just ask our students, they will tell you just how valuable this element of the course is.
|May||4th – 7th|
|July||7th – 13th|
|September||8th – 14th|
|November||17th – 23rd Dec|
Full package includes:
- BTEC Level 3 in Private Investigations
- BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Surveillance
£1,150.00 + VAT (£1,380.00)
This is your future and your money! You should be asking your training provider certain questions prior to booking your place on any course. Think long and hard about this decision, it will be one of the most important decisions that you make concerning your future.
- Who are the instructors, what are their backgrounds, have they operated in a hostile environments worldwide and not just the UK? Are any of the instructors from a SF background?
- What percentage of the training is out of the classroom (or is it unrealistic training by PowerPoint to save costs).
- How many training vehicles have they? Are the vehicles fleet insured for training. If you are asked to provide your own car for the training then your insurance will probably not cover you.
- Have they comprehensive insurance for the training itself? Ask for proof!
- Do you get the HABC Level 3 First Aid Response qualification as part of the package. You NEED this in order to apply for your SIA CP Badge. You will leave the Argus Europe course with a complete portfolio of qualifications: HABC Level 3 First Aid Response, Close Protection Level 3, Advanced Surveillance Level 3 & Private Investigation Level 3.
- Have they genuine testimonials on their site from people who you can get in touch with to ask questions about the training. DO they have employment opportunities?
- Most importantly, do they offer post course support and an employment forum for all students?
If these standards are not met then you may end up in a classroom 8 – 12 hours a day writing essays watching PowerPoints and not receiving reality training purely to cut costs.
Lets stay in touch!
Our courses and course dates are often updated. You can use this form to leave your details and we’ll keep you updated with any amended dates or new courses. You can choose which updates you receive when you sign up below.