Level 3 - Surveillance
Includes: BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Surveillance
Short classroom sessions are carried out during the course, they are necessary but they are no longer than necessary. We also provide all students with some pre-course learning so that we can lower the learning curve and make more rapid progress in the initial phases.
People do not come on our course so that they can stop for multiple coffee breaks and have an hour for lunch, which is great because we simply do not do it. Bring a packed lunch and a flask. Our Managing Director has carried out surveillance operations at the highest levels for many years for HMG and then carved out a successful career on the commercial circuit. If you are coming from a Military or Police background, you will need to adapt to be successful on the commercial circuit. It is no good teaching what you would have if you were doing it for HMG as commercially there are different factors to take into consideration, budget, laws and legislation and more, which obviously affects the way in which a surveillance operation is conducted. We have been and will continue to be a successful operational company…many have come and gone during our time in business, some have tried to replicate us and our success, most are no longer trading.
We get a variety of people come to us, as you would expect. We have budding Private Investigators wishing to add this skill set to their armoury. We also often get qualified Close Protection Officers attend our surveillance course as the surveillance phase during their own CP course was not all that it could have been or indeed should have been. We also get people that have, to date, had no exposure to the industry but who are interested and perhaps looking at a career change. People appreciate that this skill not only works hand in glove with CP but that it can also be an excellent skill that allows you to go out and make a living alongside your work as a CPO or on its own.
At Argus Europe we are realistic and stress to people that 1 week is merely scratching the surface when it comes to surveillance. At the same time we are confident that you will not get more training within 1 week anywhere else than you will with us. The week will provide you with enough knowledge so that you can make a start in the business. We also cover areas such as surveillance reports, logs, legal requirements and areas in which to obtain work post course. If you decide to come on our course then be prepared to work hard and put in the required effort. Each day is a long one as there is much to cover. The learning curve is steep but manageable and the reward at the end more than worth it. Why not get in touch with some of our former students and ask them?
- Absolutely not. Whilst we do get people with a military or police background it is in no way essential and does not in our opinion mean that you will be more or less successful as a surveillance operator. The instructors have worked with a large amount of people over the years from a variety of backgrounds and some of the very best have been “civilians”. What matters is good training, a good attitude and a passion for the skill.
Ask our former students, we DO NOT turn our backs on you. Each student who passes any of our courses is invited to join the Argus Group so that they have an open link to us and our former students. We are always on hand for help and advice although we make no promises this group has proven useful for passing work around amongst the group. Everyone suffers from skill fade or forgets certain things and this is just the place to ask the questions that will be answered by ourselves or other students in a professional manner. We often get students pop up to see us for the day with their newly acquired surveillance vehicle so that we can help them put it together…no problem. These visits have the added bonus of allowing them to meet and network with the current course and we all need to network as much as possible!
We pride ourselves in giving our students the very best chance of gaining employment within the Security Industry and to that end all of our students are advised about Curriculum Vitae’s, Personal Portfolios, the etiquette required on The Circuit and more….just ask our students, they will tell you just how valuable this element of the course is.
|May||4th – 7th|
|July||7th – 13th|
|September||8th – 14th|
|November||17th – 23rd Dec|
Full package includes:
- BTEC Level 3 in Advanced Surveillance
£950.00 + VAT (£1,140.00)
This is your future and your money! You should be asking your training provider certain questions prior to booking your place on any course. Think long and hard about this decision, it will be one of the most important decisions that you make concerning your future.
- Who are the instructors, what are their backgrounds, have they operated in a hostile environments worldwide and not just the UK? Are any of the instructors from a SF background?
- What percentage of the training is out of the classroom (or is it unrealistic training by PowerPoint to save costs).
- How many training vehicles have they? Are the vehicles fleet insured for training. If you are asked to provide your own car for the training then your insurance will probably not cover you.
- Have they comprehensive insurance for the training itself? Ask for proof!
- Do you get the HABC Level 3 First Aid Response qualification as part of the package. You NEED this in order to apply for your SIA CP Badge. You will leave the Argus Europe course with a complete portfolio of qualifications: HABC Level 3 First Aid Response, Close Protection Level 3, Advanced Surveillance Level 3 & Private Investigation Level 3.
- Have they genuine testimonials on their site from people who you can get in touch with to ask questions about the training. DO they have employment opportunities?
- Most importantly, do they offer post course support and an employment forum for all students?
If these standards are not met then you may end up in a classroom 8 – 12 hours a day writing essays watching PowerPoints and not receiving reality training purely to cut costs.
Lets stay in touch!
Our courses and course dates are often updated. You can use this form to leave your details and we’ll keep you updated with any amended dates or new courses. You can choose which updates you receive when you sign up below.