Level 3 - Close Protection
Includes: BTEC Level 3 Close Protection
Our close protection course has been specifically designed to ensure that each and every attendee is suitably trained, prepared and qualified to enter the security industry with confidence. We offer a complete training package that means you will leave our course with the required qualifications to successfully apply for your SIA close protection licence.
With close to 40 years spent providing the next generation of operatives with specialist security skills, we are well aware that in Close Protection Operations you need to be able to call upon a vast array of practical experience and situational awareness in order to provide the optimum level of protection to the principal.
To apply for your SIA close protection licence you must also hold a current Level 3 first aid qualification. We can provide this qualification after you have completed your close protection course in the form of the HABC First Aid Responder. Our first aid instructors have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the medical field and deliver the training whilst adding their own experiences of operating within a close protection environment.
This course is an additional cost and can be purchased via our shop. The first aid module is conducted upon completion of the close protection course for all of those wishing to qualify with us.
Step into the circuit with confidence and prove to prospective clients that you are a qualified and competent operative by enrolling on our specialist training courses.
We have to cover the obligatory subjects as laid down by the SIA which are listed below:
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Close Protection Operative
- Threat & Risk Assessment
- Surveillance Awareness and Operations
- Operational Planning and Briefing
- Law & legislation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Close Protection Teamwork
- Close Protection Foot Techniques
- Route Selection
- Use of Close Protection Vehicle Techniques
- Search Awareness
- Incidents and Dilemmas
- Venue Security
- Communication and Conflict Management
- Close quarter pistol drills (Ex SF CQB Instructor)
- Vehicle and foot contact drills
- Anti-ambush scenarios and extraction
- Unarmed combat techniques
- Convoy driving
We pride ourselves in giving our students the very best chance of gaining employment within the Security Industry and to that end all of our students are advised about Curriculum Vitae’s, Personal Portfolios, the etiquette required on The Circuit and more…. just ask our students, they will tell you just how valuable this element of the course is.
Course Dates: -
|May||4th – 18th|
|July||5th – 20th|
|Nov||15th – 30th|
|Jan||10th – 25th|
|March||21st – 5th Apr|
|May||9th – 24th|
|July||4th – 19th|
|Sep||5th – 20th|
|Nov||7th – 22nd|
Full training package includes:
- BTEC Level 3 Close Protection Operations
You will also require an approved First Aid Course for SIA Certification. Our HABC First Aid Course meets this requirement
£2,000 + VAT (£2,400.00)
This is your future and your money! You should be asking your training provider certain questions prior to booking your place on any course. Think long and hard about this decision, it will be one of the most important decisions that you make concerning your future.
- Who are the instructors, what are their backgrounds, have they operated in a hostile environments worldwide and not just the UK? Are any of the instructors from a SF background?
- What percentage of the training is out of the classroom (or is it unrealistic training by PowerPoint to save costs).
- How many training vehicles have they? Are the vehicles fleet insured for training. If you are asked to provide your own car for the training then your insurance will probably not cover you.
- Have they comprehensive insurance for the training itself? Ask for proof!
- Have they genuine testimonials on their site from people who you can get in touch with to ask questions about the training. DO they have employment opportunities?
- Most importantly, do they offer post course support and an employment forum for all students?
If these standards are not met then you may end up in a classroom 8 – 12 hours a day writing essays watching PowerPoints and not receiving reality training purely to cut costs
Lets stay in touch!
Our courses and course dates are often updated. You can use this form to leave your details and we’ll keep you updated with any amended dates or new courses. You can choose which updates you receive when you sign up below.